I am in the process of creating a baby registry (actually two, Amazon and Target) and it’s already overwhelming. I used a website to come up with a list of things I “need” and the list was SO LONG. I understand babies require a lot of things, but this list seemed insane. Here are a couple of things I’m trying to do…
- Order primarily grey things with accents of pink. For instance, the crib bedding I’ve chosen is a grey with clouds stars and moon pattern, but I am also ordering an extra pink fitted sheet, and my grandma is making a pink blanket. We are ordering a pink lamp, but a lot of decor will be a mixture of pink items and grey items, so if we have a boy in the future, the main grey things can easily be used again. I had been originally planning on doing “pink and grey” but then realized I wouldn’t be able to actually reuse those pieces! Once the colors are a bit separated, pieces can be used again.
- Find out the number of bottles and dishes I actually NEED. This is an area that seems really blown out of proportion. I can’t understand needing 48 bottles for one baby! I don’t mind doing dishes, and would rather save the space! How many would you recommend?? This question also applies to sippy cups, toddler spoons etc.
- (Eventually) Make My Own Baby Food. This is healthier and often a cheaper option. Do you have a blender that you recommend? I own a Blendtec, which is a very nice blender so I may just try to get away with using that unless there is something you recommend that would be better.
I have a few questions that I am begging any mothers out there to answer….
- Could a nice baby swing double as a bassinet? I was gifted a very nice Graco swing and as I’m looking at bassinets they seem about the same. It’d save about $50 and a decent amount of space so I am wondering. The swing is larger than a car seat space-wise, and also has a seat belt so it’d be quite secure.
- What items have you used most? Help. I’m a first time mother who doesn’t know what is hype and what is actually useful to own. In today’s consumer culture it is hard to see what is actually needed, and what is frivolous. I would like to know before the baby shower so that I can actually ask for useful items instead of having to buy them on my own later.
If you think of any items I specifically should get, or specifically should avoid getting, please let me know. I appreciate it SO much! ❤