I have traveled a lot in my lifetime and much of this has been on planes. In case you did not know, TSA has regulations where liquids/gels must be 3oz or less on your carry-on. This eliminates most standard sized beauty products. While some people who fly or drive prefer to just take their normal products from the shower, I very much prefer having a ready-to-go hygiene bag that has everything I need. I just toss it into my bag/luggage and go. It’s a huge packing time saver for me and completely worth it! Here is what I bring. It does seem like a lot but I use everything. These are all travel sized.
- Shampoo (currently Tresseme, but will be replaced with whatever is in my shower once the bottle is empty) 3oz
- Conditioner (Also Tresseme, and same about the refill)
- Body Wash: Bath & Body Works Shower Gel in White Citrus. Once this runs out I will peel off the label and refill with whatever is in my shower.
- Hairspray: Tresseme, I just ran out of my other travel size and was able to get this complimentary from the hotel front desk this past weekend. Yay!
- Dry Shampoo: If I can find it, the Tresseme one obviously haha.
- Mousse: Tresseme. I don’t have a problem, they just have affordable travel sizes;)
- Toothpaste: Colgate. This was also picked up from the hotel. I always have a free small tube.
- Toothbrush: also a complimentary hotel item that will now stay in this pouch.
- Burt’s Bees Hand Salve: I use this on my cuticles and dry patches.
- Razor: this is full sized but doesn’t exactly take up much room. I use conditioner as shaving cream.
- Hair Ties
- Bobby Pins
- Victoria’s Secret PINK Body Splash: Fun and Fearless. This is my go-to travel body mist/perfume. 1oz
- Dermalogica Clean Start Face Wash: I just got this for free in a kit of samples that was a gift with purchase. This was excellent because I lost my mini Mario Badescu face wash. 1oz
- Mario Badescu Cucumber Cleansing Lotion: from the original trial kit I used from MB. I’ve refilled this already from my huge 10oz bottle. It’s great! 2oz
- Mario Badescu Aloe Moisturizer SPF 15: Also from the trial kit. 1oz
- Yes to Grapefruit Eye Cream: Since I got the Khiels eye cream and there is a tiny bit left, this now stays in the travel kit. 0.5oz
Things I Add in After: These things I take full sized that are easier for me to just grab for whatever reason.
- Hair Brush: Tangle Teezer.
- Marrakesh Oil (this is only 2oz normally)
- Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream (1oz)
- Curling Wand
- Makeup Bag: I’ve posted about the makeup I use before. I just bring all of it because it is in it’s bag already and doesn’t take up much space.
Okay listing it out this seems like an insane amount, but I promise it all fits easily into a medium sized toiletry bag. Mini sized things are great. When I travel I don’t have to compromise my “beauty routine” from home.
What do you bring for a trip?
Unrelated: I find out if I’m having a boy or girl tomorrow!!!