Life (and especially school) is kicking my ass. There is no nicer way to put it. I have a final report tomorrow at 9am and I have meetings until 10pm. I haven’t put it off. It’s mostly done, but there’s definitely still a bit to go. Why am I writing this if I’m so busy? It’s my mini stress relief.
The days have gotten to the point where going to the bathroom is my break and only time I can think to myself. I actually get excited when my phone died because it means I can ignore emails. The only thing that keeps me sane are mini-breaks.
The biggest key to a mini-break is to make sure it doesn’t become a big break. That is much easier said than done, especially if media (internet, YouTube) are involved. So here are a few 5 minute mini breaks
- Listen to a song that makes you happy. Plug in headphones, close your eyes, and just enjoy the music. Think about the lyrics and nothing else.
- Read an article: limiting yourself can be tricky so watch yourself, but this is a favorite of mine
- Guided meditation: a more extensive version of a favorite song….listening to these helps reset focus and clarity
- Stretch a little: shrug your shoulders, move your elbows, relax your neck, touch your toes. This can do wonders, especially if you sit for long periods of time
- Write something! Most of my quick (aka never proof-read) posts are when I am about to cry or scream because of life. Like now. But this makes me think about something else for a while.
- Take a Quick Walk: Bonus points if this is outdoors, and away from people.
Then move on and tackle whatever is next on the never-ending to do list! If you have any suggestions, please write them down, I’d love to hear! =)