I was a total makeup hoarder a couple of years ago. I had drawers dedicated to just lip glosses. At some point awhile ago I realized this was 1. a huge waste of money 2. a waste of space and 3. more than a lifetime of makeup that would never be used up in time.
Fast forward to this summer, and I got rid of almost everything. I now own a medium sized Victoria’s Secret makeup bag that holds EVERYTHING of mine! This makeup takes me from a very simple every day look to a black tie special occasion.
Here’s the bag for a size reference: VS Makeup Bag
Here’s What is inside (Remember this is my ENTIRE makeup collection):
- Foundation: Maybelline FIT Me Stick Foundation
- Concealer: Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette
- Blush/Bronzer: ELF blush contour palette (This has a great sized mirror, so I don’t need a separate mirror!)
- Highlight: Rimmel eyeshadow in “Royal Linen” which I use as a face highlighter
- Setting Powder: Maybelline FIT Me Powder
- Eye-shadow Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in “Sin”
- Eye-shadow: Urban Decay NAKED Palette* (read more about this below, it’s AWESOME!)
- Mascara: L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black
- Waterproof Mascara: Maybelline The Rocket (I recommend owning “normal” AND “Waterproof” mascara)
- Eyeliner(s): Rimmel Eyeliners in Navy Blue, Purple, and Green (This is how I easily add a pop of color into makeup!)
- Liquid Eyeliner: L’Oreal liquid eyeliner
- Lip Balm: Burt’s Bees original
- Lipstick(s): Sorry I don’t know the names! … Maybelline Plum, NYX Deep Red, Revlon Pinkish Nude
- Lip Gloss: A free Mary Kay sample gloss that’s a light baby pink color
- Brushes: Contour brush, Powder Brush, Eyeshadow blending brush
- Tools: Tweezers, Pencil sharpener
*I bought the NAKED palette when it first came out a few years ago. It was my first expensive makeup purchase (the palette is $48), but it’s the only eyeshadow I use and is great for a simple eye to a smokey one. I recommend getting one GOOD palette and just using it to the death. Some examples are the Tartlette by Tarte, The Lorac PRO, or any of the UD NAKED series.
Also remember that items such as mascara are not safe to keep for more than a few months due to bacteria growth. Remember to replace as needed!
Let me know if you have any questions!